The power of lemon should not be underestimated when it comes to cleaning. If you haven’t tried cleaning with lemon, you might be missing out on a secret that could add that extra shine to your house. The processes are simple and the results are powerful, so what are you waiting for?
We’ve combined some of the most asked-about questions and jotted down some expert answers to help you become a lemon cleaning expert. Use the cleaning tips below to start cleaning with lemon more often.
How To Clean A Kettle With Lemon
Many people add lemon to their hot drinks for that extra bit of healthy goodness. But, there’s also another way it can be used when combined with boiling water, and that’s during a kettle cleaning process. The lemon acid acts as a natural bleach and antiseptic, and the smell of lemon brings a refreshing aroma to the kitchen. Use these 3 steps when learning how to clean a kettle with lemon:
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice to your kettle.
- Add enough water to cover the base, and switch on the kettle to boil.
- Once the water has boiled, pour it out before rinsing the inside of the kettle thoroughly with clean water.
Tip: You can also use citric acid if you don’t have any lemons lying around.
How To Clean A Microwave With Lemon
Microwaves are one of the most commonly used appliances in a kitchen. They are extremely handy and convenient, but because of their frequent use, they gather grease, dirt and smells quite quickly. Use the 4 steps below when learning how to clean a microwave with lemon:
- Start by combining 1 cup of water and lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Next, place the bowl inside the microwave and set it on high power for several minutes until the mixture boils and the microwave window steams up.
- Allow the inside of your microwave to cool for 5 minutes before opening the door. Once the time has passed, remove the bowl and wipe the inner walls and door clean with a sponge.
- Clean the exterior of your microwave by wiping it with a microfiber cloth and cleaning solution. Be careful not to let any liquid get into the vents or fans. Wipe down all the surfaces with damp paper towels to remove residue.
How To Clean An Oven With Lemon
Once you’ve taken care of your microwave oven, you can move on to the bigger cooking appliance which also plays a vital role in your cooking regime – your oven. Learn how to clean an oven with lemon using the 5 steps below:
- Preheat your oven to 120℃.
- Place 2 lemons cut in half in an oven-proof bowl filled with water.
- Once your oven is heated, place the bowl inside on one of the racks and let it sit for an hour.
- Once the hour has passed, turn off your oven and wait for it to cool down slightly.
- When your oven is cool enough to put your hand in, remove the bowl and use a damp cloth to wipe down the inside.
How To Clean Teeth With Ginger And Lemon
If you aren’t keen on artificial teeth whitening products and want to go the more natural route, use the steps below when learning how to clean teeth with ginger and lemon:
- Crush a piece of ginger into small pieces.
- Put your crushed ginger into a glass and squeeze lemon juice over it. Give it a good mix.
- Stir the contents until you see a change in colour.
- Add a small amount of toothpaste to the ginger and lemon mixture before stirring it together.
- Allow the contents to settle.
- Use the mixture you have made to brush your teeth. Once you’re done, do not swallow the contents. Spit it out and rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Do this continuously day after day until you start to see a change.
Instead of storing that extra slice of lemon in your fridge until it is forgotten about and thrown away, use it in the cleaning processes listed above. Share these tips and methods with others who might also be struggling to find the right cleaning solutions. For all other cleaning jobs, don’t forget to book a cleaning service with SweepSouth for results you can only dream of.