Did you know that rubbing alcohol is a diverse and powerful cleaning ingredient that can be used on many of your everyday items and appliances? If this is your first time hearing this, you’re in for a treat. We’re going to share extremely useful cleaning tips with you regarding rubbing alcohol, and how it can be used to disinfect and restore a healthy state all around the house.
Cleaning with rubbing alcohol is a simple yet effective process that should be kept in mind at all times. Let’s take a look at how it can be used to simplify your cleaning chores.
How To Clean Makeup Brushes With Rubbing Alcohol
If you apply makeup to your face every day, you’ll know the struggles of having to clean your makeup brushes often. Instead of spending large amounts of money on store-bought cleaners, simply use rubbing alcohol to do the trick. Learn how to clean makeup brushes with rubbing alcohol with the 6 steps below:
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle.
- Place your makeup brushes down on a paper towel and spray them with rubbing alcohol until they are completely saturated.
- Get rid of the makeup by rubbing the bristles of the brushes on the paper towel.
- Keep rubbing back and forth until no more makeup gets released from the bristles. Apply more rubbing alcohol when need be.
- Use a clean towel to squeeze out the rest of the alcohol from the bristles.
- Reshape the head of the brushes before laying them down on a new sheet of paper towel to dry.
Cleaning Earbuds With Rubbing Alcohol
Whether it’s at the gym or doing chores around the house, chances are you use your earbuds almost every day. But how often do you clean them? If you aren’t sure how to clean them because you’re afraid of damaging them, we’re going to teach you how. Use the 7 steps below when cleaning earbuds with rubbing alcohol:
- Make sure your earbuds are disconnected from all other appliances/connections.
- If your earbuds have tips or covers on them, take them off and place them in a bowl with a mixture of one part dishwashing liquid and five parts warm water.
- Let them soak for 30 minutes before taking them out to rinse and allowing them to air-dry for as long as need be.
- Use a clean, dry toothbrush to brush away any visible wax particles from the mesh screen. Hold the earbuds with the screens facing downward so that the particles fall away from the buds.
- To disinfect the mesh screen, apply a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol to a cotton bud and use it to wipe the screen. Be careful not to use too much rubbing alcohol as you wouldn’t want to saturate the inner workings of the earbuds.
- Apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol to a microfiber cloth and use it to clean the rest of the earbuds.
- Allow the earbuds to air-dry completely before using them again.
How To Clean A Tablet Screen With Rubbing Alcohol
Don’t let your tablet screen go days or weeks without giving it a clean as you’ll start to notice the dust gathering very quickly, which will become an annoyance while working. There’s a very simple solution – clean the tablet screen with rubbing alcohol using the 5 steps below:
- Turn off your laptop and unplug it if need be.
- Wipe dust off the screen with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Spray some rubbing alcohol onto a different microfiber cloth and use it to clean the screen thoroughly.
- Allow the screen to air dry.
- Once dry, use the dry area of a microfiber cloth to give the screen a last wipe down.
For a full rundown on keeping your laptop clean, learn how to clean a laptop screen thoroughly by heading to our post.
Can You Clean Dogs’ Ears With Rubbing Alcohol?
Although rubbing alcohol is useful for cleaning many objects in and around the house, it’s not safe to be used on dogs’ ears. Any rumours going around that it can be used to clean a dog’s ears should not be listened to. It could end up causing an irritation, or worse, an infection. Rather use something that’s been purchased at a pet store or vet and recommended by professionals.
You’re now ready to use the rubbing alcohol that’s been sitting in your cupboard and gathering dust, to get rid of dust. Cleaning with rubbing alcohol is the ideal solution when you’ve run out of your usual cleaning detergent, or even when you feel like trying something new. If you need to spend your time on more important things, book a professional cleaning service with SweepSouth. A SweepStar will be happy to keep your home in pristine condition.