Christmas food is an essential part of the celebratory day for several reasons. One of the most comedic of those is that it can keep any family debates to a minimum. If you’d rather not have your son debating with his cousin about which team played better at the Soccer World Cup, or who’s going to outperform the other at school next year, the best way to keep their mouths full and tastebuds happy is with a mouth-watering Christmas meal.
If you haven’t yet narrowed down your Christmas food ideas for the day, we at SweepSouth have gathered some of the most delicious recipes to keep you and your family in a jolly mood with full stomachs. Once you’ve gathered the brightest decorations and merriest Christmas songs, add the following Christmas food to make it a festive gathering you’ll never forget.
Christmas Lunch Ideas
Many families choose to have a big Christmas lunch on December 25th and then snack on the leftovers later that night when they’re feeling peckish. Most times, there are even enough leftovers to roll over into the next day, saving them the effort of having to do it all over again for Boxing Day lunch. If your main focus is a Christmas lunch, here are some great ideas to consider:
- Beef Stew: Who doesn’t love a good stew to share with their family while loads of laughter fills the room? Most people say that stew tastes even better the next day, so your Boxing Day meal is sure to be a winner. Find the full recipe and cooking instructions here.
- Sticky Glazed Chicken: This lip-smacking alternative to the more traditional ham will have everyone around the table going back for seconds and thirds. If you’re ready to dive in and create the best glaze in town, follow the recipe instructions here.
- Brussels Sprout Salad: Whether you’re looking for a refreshing side as part of another dish, or you’d like this as the main option, this summery salad will have everyone going back for more. Find the recipe and cooking instructions here.
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls: Who said a pizza-type meal can’t be brought to the Christmas lunch table? This option will be a hit with everyone, so much so that you might need to make more than expected. Find the recipe and cooking instructions here.
- Roast Pork and Potatoes: If you want to stick with a more traditional option, this is a must-have on your Christmas lunch table. There are very few meals more filling and delicious than this classic favourite. Find ingredients and cooking instructions here.
Christmas Dinner Ideas
If you’re still looking for Christmas dinner ideas once you’ve wrapped up with your lunch, here are some great options to keep the family happy and full:
- Beef Wellington: There’s a lot of nutritious deliciousness that gets wrapped up in this meal that promises to be a hit with everyone. Find the ingredient list and recipe here to get started.
- Vegetable Tian: If you’re looking for a vegetarian-friendly meal to include in your Christmas dinner, this French-themed meal is an ideal option for family members who prefer not to eat meat. Find the recipe and cooking instructions here.
- Whole Roasted Salmon Stuffed with Lemon and Herbs: Whether you’re down by the coast for Christmas time or not, this is a flavoursome meal worth trying to give your taste buds a treat. Find Jamie Oliver’s famous recipe and cooking instructions here.
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes: Because baking them twice makes them twice as nice. The perfect combination of sweet and savoury will have you wishing you had bought more sweet potatoes for your Christmas dinner. Find the ingredients list and cooking instructions here.
- Layered Christmas Pasta Salad: There are enough layers in this tasty Christmas dinner treat to keep all of your friends and family satisfied, no matter what their preferences are. Give everyone a hearty and healthy salad with the ingredients list and cooking instructions found here.
Christmas Dessert Ideas
No matter how much is had from the main course for Christmas lunch or dinner, there’s always space for dessert…at least, that’s what all the kids in the family will tell you. Try whipping up one or more of the following Christmas desserts listed below to end the day off on a sweet note:
- Christmas Crumble: This fruity treat doesn’t only fit the Christmas bill from a taste point of view, but also the bright colours that fill it. Show everyone your baking skills are equally as good as your cooking ones with this yummy crumble. Find the recipe and baking instructions here.
- Peanut Butter Fudge: If the other preparations took up too much of your time and you find yourself in a rush, this is an easy go-to dessert. Find the ingredients and baking instructions here for a delicious twist on everyone’s favourite childhood treat, but with a twist.
- Oreo Pie: It will be a big surprise if there’s even a single piece left over from this pie once everyone’s dug in. Head to the shops to grab your bags of Oreos as well as the rest of the ingredients, and get started on the baking instructions, which you can find here.
- Banana, Peanut Butter, and Caramel Pavlova: If you hear these three words in one sentence and aren’t immediately tempted to dive in, you’ll miss out on giving your guests a Christmas dessert they’ll never forget. Gather the ingredients and learn how to make this delectable dessert here.
- Christmas-Themed Cookies: If you’ve got children, Santa’s little helpers will definitely want to help you bake these delish cookies. Get creative by trying all sorts of colours and shapes using the ingredients and baking instructions found here.
Your jolly good menu has now been set, and you’re ready to serve up a feast fit for kings and queens. While you’re preparing the Christmas food, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the process, because before you know it, the festive season will be over, and it will be time to head back to school, and back to reality. Remember to book a cleaning service with a trusted and professional SweepStar, so that your home is spotless and ready for a celebration never to be forgotten.