If you don’t get your gutters cleaned regularly, you could be left with a serious problem. When going through your home cleaning checklist, don’t forget to tick off a box that so many people overlook – gutter cleaning. Why is it so important and what will happen if you don’t get your gutters cleaned?
These are important questions that should be asked as they will make the world’s difference in not only keeping your home clean, but also in working order. Let’s take a look at how your gutters will affect the working processes of your home by answering some important questions relating to gutter cleaning.
How Do I Know If My Gutters Are Clogged?
If you aren’t cleaning your gutters regularly, then how will you know if they’re due to be cleaned? Your gutters being clogged is a tell-tale sign that they need to be cleaned. How do you know if your gutters are clogged? Here are some signs to look out for:
- If water is not going down the gutter spout and spilling over the edge of your roof instead.
- Stain marks on your roof or drainage system are becoming more evident.
- If you’re finding more and more pests living in your home, they could be coming from the gutter.
- An abundance of plants are growing in and around your gutter.
Is It Worth Getting Gutters Cleaned?
Getting your gutters cleaned is more important than most other parts of your home. Other areas need cleaning for health and aesthetic benefits, but gutter cleaning also ensures a proper working efficiency. Here are the reasons why it’s important to clean your gutters:
- Clean and clear gutters allow rainwater to be drained properly so that there’s no risk of puddles occuring, resulting in leaks.
- A build-up of plant matter could lead to pests making homes in your gutters, and the occurrence of mould too.
- Avoid the risk of having a cracked foundation resulting in repairs needing to be made. Spending money on gutter cleaning will save on larger possible amounts spent on repairs and replacements.
- Your home will look much better with clear gutters and add a pleasing aesthetic value.
What’s The Best Way To Clean Gutters?
There are various gutter cleaning methods that can be used to restore your gutters and pipes to a better-looking and working condition. Learn how to clean gutters fast using one of the methods below:
- By hand: As stated in the name, this method will require you to do the removing of branches, leaves and other debris using your hands. Grab a ladder, bucket, scoop, and durable gloves to get to work. Once you’ve removed as much as you can by hand, flush the gutters with water to make sure they’re completely clear.
- From the ground: You don’t need to get up on a ladder to clean your gutters. If you have a garden hose or vacuum cleaner with a long enough attachment, you can keep your feet on the ground and do the cleaning from there. Head to your nearest store that specialises in building equipment to find the attachments needed for your hose or vacuum.
- Leaf blower: This is a fast and effective way to get rid of anything blocking your gutters. Before starting, make sure to block your downspout so that the debris doesn’t get blown down it and cause a blockage there.
- Power washer: Use this method for the most effective deep clean of your gutters and downspout.
How Much Does It Cost To Clean Gutters?
The price of gutter cleaning will depend on the size of your home and the number of gutters requiring cleaning. The larger your home and the more stories it has, the higher the price will be. When booking a gardening service with SweepSouth, chat with your friendly and helpful SweepStar about getting gutter cleaning so that you aren’t left with a problem situation.
Remember to check and clean your gutters regularly, especially after any major storms. Keep your gutters clean so that your home looks good, but more importantly, it doesn’t experience any problems which could lead to health and financial issues. When getting your gutters cleaned, have a look at our other handy and professional cleaning services for a home that is in pristine condition all over. Share these helpful and useful tips and methods with those who need them most.