There are benefits from both regular cleaning and deep cleaning, depending on the situation. When the cleaning tasks that are avoided often start to pile up, it’s time for a deep clean. Although it may be a messy task, the payoff will be worth it. At SweepSouth, we offer both general and deep cleaning. Perhaps you’re wondering what goes into a deep clean and whether or not your home needs one?
Deep cleaning can make your home a healthier place by getting rid of dirt and dust; it will also make your home smell fresh and clean. Here we will give you some cleaning tips for deep cleaning your home, and tell you exactly what goes into a deep clean for all of the rooms in your home and what to expect.
What’s The Difference Between A Standard Clean And A Deep Clean?
While a general clean usually takes place once a week, meaning it costs less too, deep cleaning goes a bit further to physically get rid of dirt, grime, soap scum and other unwanted bacteria around your home. It’s more thorough than a standard clean. It’s not just clearing up clutter and wiping down surfaces, you will be sanitising areas throughout your home. Sanitising and disinfecting surfaces can be a great help to get rid of germs that can be harmful to your family.
Deep cleaning can make your home a healthier place by getting rid of dirt and
Deep Cleaning The Bathroom
Deep cleaning your bathroom may include:
- Scrubbing tile grout.
- Removing soap scum and limescale from fixtures.
- Deep cleaning the baseboards and door frames.
- Cleaning the inside of vanity tables and bathroom cabinets.
- Disinfecting knobs.
- Cleaning around the base of your toilet.
- Deep cleaning shower doors, curtains and crevices.
This type of clean leaves your bathroom sparkling and sanitised. It’s essential to have this done, as bathroom germs usually include things such as staph bacteria, athlete’s foot, gastrointestinal viruses, and other viruses that could be uncomfortable and harmful.
Deep Cleaning The Kitchen
The kitchen usually gets quite dirty. Food splatters and grease can leave appliances and cabinets filthy.
Your regular weekly cleaning of the kitchen probably includes tidying up the countertops, wiping down all surfaces and cleaning the floors.
Here are tasks to include in a kitchen deep clean:
- Cleaning behind and underneath appliances.
- Cleaning inside appliances, including cleaning inside your microwave, fridge and oven.
- Cleaning of the interior of the range hood and filter.
- Cleaning kitchen cabinets.
- Cleaning tile grout and grout lines on the countertops and backsplashes.
- Cleaning your fridge’s coils.
- Cleaning and disinfecting smaller appliances.
- Cleaning and organising the inside of cabinets and drawers.
- Disinfecting knobs and switches.
Deep cleaning your kitchen ensures that all grease and food remnants are removed. When these things build up, they can become more difficult to remove.
Deep Cleaning Other General Areas
During deep cleaning of other areas in your home, you want to include:
- Cleaning underneath furniture.
- Wiping down ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Vacuuming and cleaning furniture items like upholstery.
- Cleaning the blinds.
- Dusting all of the decorations.
- Sanitising trash cans and surfaces.
- Dusting lamp shades.
- Cleaning baseboards, window frames, and window tracks.
- Scrubbing the walls inside.
- Vacuuming along the wall edges and crevices.
- Polishing wooden furniture.
When To Get A Deep Clean
A deep clean is not always needed, it’s usually an occasional service you get done for a specific purpose.
You may schedule a deep clean when moving into a new home, for a fresh start and not have to worry about the dirt from previous owners.
It can be done in your old home when you move out too so that the new owners feel more comfortable when moving in.
Some people opt for a deep clean when trying a cleaning service. Start by having your home being thoroughly cleaned, then when you book regular cleaning instead, a SweepStar will be able to maintain the level of cleanliness created from the deep clean.
This service is also a good idea to have done whilst you’re spring cleaning your home. It provides your space with an extra clean feel as you continue to declutter and simplify things at home.
Benefits Of Booking A Deep Clean At SweepSouth
As soon as you’re ready for a deep clean, use the professional and trusted services of SweepSouth to make the job easier.
A professional SweepStar will have the deep cleaning routine down, and they will know exactly what needs to be cleaned and where the dirt typically builds up. You just have to supply the tools and equipment needed for the job.
They will also know how to safely clean different areas of your home, such as the baseboards and porcelain tiles.
A cleaner will also be able to do the heavy lifting, like moving appliances such as the fridge to clean behind or underneath them, preventing you from possible injury.
A deep clean naturally takes longer than a regular clean, so by hiring a professional to do the job efficiently, you are left with more free time. When deciding between regular and deep cleaning, it simply comes down to the reason behind the cleaning. Deep cleaning tends to be an occasional service, while regular cleaning usually happens on a recurring basis.