If it were up to them alone, our dads would humbly accept a new pair of socks coupled with a new tie for Father’s Day. But why go for that same old combination when there are so many exciting and brilliant Father’s Day gift ideas out there? After all, the men in our lives who proudly announce their dad jokes every day, and always lend a shoulder for us to lean on, deserve the world and so much more! We know that you’re looking to spoil your dad with something different; the question is, what type of dad is he?
The answer to that question isn’t the word dad with the first ‘d’ replaced with an ‘r’ (that’s our dad joke for the day). There’s no doubt about him being rad, but we’re referring to his interests and passions. Because all dads are different, you’re spoilt for choice. But if you’re really looking to zone in on the perfect gift, keep reading to discover the best Father’s Day gift ideas for every type of dad.
Father’s Day Gift Ideas for Dads of Every Kind
From the braai-loving dads to those who would prefer to watch others on TV competing for The Ultimate Braai Master; from the sports-playing dads to those who prefer to read autobiographies of their favourite sportspeople – one thing is certain…we love them all! Search through the list of different types of dads below to find the perfect gift for yours.
The Outdoorsy Dad
You might not enjoy those camping trips that Dad used to take you on, but he surely does if he’s the outdoorsy type. If this sounds like him, spoil him with one of the following gifts:
- A new pair of hiking shoes/boots.
- A high-quality sleeping bag or jacket to keep him warm on any cold expeditions he goes on.
- A portable cookware set for preparing delicious meals in the wilderness.
- A reliable camping lantern or headlamp for illumination on late-night runs/hikes.
- An outdoor hammock to relax and enjoy nature.
The Tech-Savvy Dad
Growing up playing with basic tech gadgets as little boys turns many men into tech nerds that change the world with their genius ideas. Maybe your dad hasn’t come up with his genius invention…yet. Either way, he’ll surely enjoy one of these tech gift ideas below:
- Wireless headphones with noise cancellation to give him the sound quality he’s craving.
- A smartwatch to track his fitness journey and help him stay connected.
- A portable Bluetooth speaker he can use for his get-togethers with family or friends.
- A high-capacity power bank with fast charging capabilities to keep his smartphone, tablet, or other devices powered up throughout the day.
- A virtual reality (VR) headset to take his gaming or entertainment experiences to the next level.
The Foodie Dad
Being a foodie is something that exists across all categories of gender, sex, race, culture, etc. But when it comes to dad foodies, they take it to an expert level, mainly because of their love for a weekend braai! If your dad is someone who loves nothing more than to light up some firelighters and charcoal before fitting as many different foods as he can on a braai grid, these gift ideas below are for him:
- A high-quality set of stainless steel grilling tools form him to serve up the most delicious braai meals.
- A smoker box or pellet smoker to add smoky flavour to his grilled dishes.
- A digital meat thermometer to end the days of guessing when the meat is done.
- Gourmet grilling sauces or spice rubs to enhance his flavour creations.
- A subscription to a gourmet food box for him to try new and tasty treats, or cooking classes where he can learn to make them himself.
The Sports Fanatic Dad
Most of our dads enjoy kicking back on the weekend, topping up on their favourite drinks and snacks, and relishing in the hype of the game. Whether that’s football, rugby, cricket, or another sport, their loyalty as a fan comes through in the intensity of their cheers. If you’re someone who finds your dad shouting at his favourite athletes through the TV on weekends, he’ll enjoy one of the following Father’s Day gift ideas:
- A shirt or other type of apparel from his favourite sports team.
- Sports equipment to take your dad’s game to new heights.
- A sports-themed phone case or laptop skin.
- Game tickets to the big match or event he’s been raving about.
- Sports-themed cufflinks to add a touch of fandom to formal occasions.
The Bookworm Dad
In contrast to the sports fanatics, some dads enjoy a quiet weekend soaking up the words and wisdom from their favourite books. Oftentimes, the books are even based on famous athletes or sporting events. If your dad enjoys reading, consider getting him one of the gifts below:
- The latest novel by his favorite author.
- An e-reader device such as a Kindle.
- A book light to attach to his books, making it possible to read in darkness.
- A new pair of reading glasses to enhance his reading experience.
- A bookstore gift card for him to choose from a variety of books and accessories.
Father’s Day Gifts South Africa
Shopping for Father’s Day gifts can often be a nightmare with the number of stores and brands there are to choose from. To help you out, we’ve narrowed it down to some of the most well-known and reputable South African retailers where you’ll be spoilt for choice with Father’s Day pressies.
- Mr Price Sport – Step into a Mr Price Sport near you and spoil your dad with high-quality sporting gifts and gear of good quality at reasonable prices.
- Netflorist – If you don’t have anything specific in mind, Netflorist Father’s Day gifts are the perfect solution. From personalised mugs to snack boxes, find it all on South Africa’s biggest online florist and gifts store.
- Exclusive Books – You won’t find a larger range of books for your bookworm dad than at Exclusive Books. Shop for your dad’s favourite author at any one of their all-encompassing stores.
- Takealot – You’ll find anything and everything when shopping on Takealot. You’ll be spoilt for choice when shopping on South Africa’s leading online store.
- Incredible Connection – Give your dad the gift of high-quality tech with Incredible deals from Incredible Connection. From the smallest of headphones to the largest of TVs, there’s plenty to shop for.
- Cape Union Mart – If yours is an outdoorsy dad, chances are he steps into a Cape Union Mart store at least once a week. Find out what he’s been eyeing and wrap it up with a bow to take his camping and outdoor adventures to the next level.
Ready to spoil your dad? Of course you are! Here’s to hoping that the gift guide we’ve given you has helped make your choice that much easier. Don’t forget to spoil him with a clean home from SA’s #1 home services platform. Choose from a variety of indoor and outdoor SweepSouth cleaning services to keep his home in a neat and orderly fashion, just the way Dad likes it!