Planning a Christmas in July gathering is half the fun, but ensuring it’s a memorable event is where the challenge lies. While the festive ambience is made up of décor, food, and music, it’s the fun-filled games that truly infuse the party with joy and laughter. Here’s a list of some entertaining Christmas in July games that everyone – both adults and kids – will enjoy, guaranteeing a festive spirit all around.
Games for the Whole Family
1. Guess the Christmas Song
A festive game that tests your family’s knowledge of holiday tunes.
- Compile snippets of various Christmas songs.
- Play each snippet for the participants to guess the title of the song.
- The one with the most correct guesses wins!
2. Christmas in July Charades
Enjoy a holiday-themed game of charades that’s sure to bring lots of laughs.
- Write down famous Christmas movie titles, song names, or holiday-related terms on slips of paper.
- Participants then take turns acting it out while their team tries to guess.
- Set a time limit on each team’s turn, and if you want to take this game to the next level, create more difficult levels as the game progresses by decreasing that limit.
3. Gift Wrap Relay
This is an exciting, fast-paced game that brings out your family’s competitive side.
- Assemble a table with boxes, wrapping paper, scissors, and tape.
- Participants form two teams, where each member has to wrap a box as quickly as possible and pass it on to the next member.
- The team that wraps all their gifts first claims victory!
1. Pin the Nose on Rudolph
An adorable holiday version of ‘Pin the Tail on the Donkey’, ideal for the little ones.
- Display a large picture of Rudolph without his iconic red nose, on a wall.
- Give each child a red circle, ready to complete the picture of Rudolph.
- Blindfold each child, one by one, and guide them to stick Rudolph’s nose on the image.
2. Cotton Ball Snowman Contest
Even if it doesn’t snow much in South Africa, kids can create a snowman with the right tools!
- Distribute a bag of cotton balls, buttons, glue, and any other accessories you think are necessary, to each child.
- Allow them to make their best snowman design on a sheet of paper.
- You could also replace the cotton balls with polystyrene and get the kids to build snowmen standing upright for more of a challenge!
3. Christmas Candy Hunt
Think Easter Egg Hunt but with Christmas-themed candies or small toys!
- Scatter candies or small toys around your party space.
- Create a list of clues that indicate where each item is.
- If there are enough kids, split them up into teams.
- Provide each child with a small bag or basket for their collected treasures.
- Let the Christmas hunt begin!
With these engaging games, your Christmas in July party will provide heaps of entertainment and long-lasting memories. As your guests depart, brimming with happiness, remember that the after-party clean-up doesn’t have to be a challenge.
With the SweepSouth App on your phone or laptop, you can book a vetted, professional cleaner who will handle the tidying up, allowing you to unwind and relive the fun of your fantastic gathering. Book a SweepSouth cleaning service, and let us help keep the holiday spirit alive while we return your home to spotlessness.