Your Samsung washing machine is an investment worth keeping for as long as possible before having to repair or upgrade. Cleaning it regularly is an important task to prevent mould and unpleasant odours from accumulating and spreading. Besides the health factor, regular maintenance of your Samsung washing machine is needed to keep it cleaning your clothes and household fabrics with the quality you love to see.
The cleaning process is not a difficult one that needs to be stressed over. We’ve put together the easiest and best ways to clean the different parts of your Samsung washing machine.
Cleaning The Detergent Drawer And Opening
If you keep your detergent drawer clean, you’ll help as much of the detergent as possible to reach your clothes during washes. You’ll also be eliminating any dirt and grime that may build up between washes. Follow these 4 steps to clean the detergent drawer and opening on your Samsung Washing Machine:
- Remove the detergent drawer and lift the dispensers out.
- Rinse them with warm water and use an old toothbrush to clean any gunk out. Dip the brush into a mixture of water and vinegar for a more powerful clean, and rinse with water afterward.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the detergent drawer opening. Once again, dip the cloth into a mixture of vinegar water for a better clean, before wiping it with a dry cloth.
- Place the dispensers back into the drawer and the drawer back into the opening.
Cleaning The Outside Of The Machine
Although it’s important to maintain the function of your Samsung washing machine by cleaning the inside, it’s also important to maintain its presence by cleaning the outside. Use the following 4 steps to clean the outside of your Samsung washing machine:
- Dampen a clean microfiber cloth before applying a small amount of cleaning detergent to it. If you would prefer to use a natural homemade cleaning agent, check out our post on how to clean your washing machine.
- Wipe the surface of your washing machine in a gentle, circular motion. Make sure to pay special attention to any stained or dirty areas.
- Use a different microfiber cloth that’s just been dampened with water to give the surface one last wipe.
- Dry the machine with a clean, dry, microfiber cloth.
Cleaning The Inside With A Self-Clean Cycle
Samsung washing machines have a ‘self-clean’ cycle option to clean areas of the tub that a normal cycle would not reach. You don’t need to add any cleaners or detergents when using this option, but add some bleach if you feel that your machine needs a deeper clean.
With the washer empty, simply press the ‘self-clean’ button before pressing ‘start’. Once the cycle has finished, open the door and let the drum self-dry, or wipe it down with a dry microfiber cloth if need be.
Tip: Run a self-clean cycle at least once a month. Use it more often if you are running your machine more regularly.
Cleaning The Inside Without A Self-Clean Cycle
If your washing machine has the self-clean option, then it’s recommended that it be your first choice. If not, you can use regular washing machine cleaning products. Follow the instructions of the product you purchase to obtain the best possible results. If you prefer not to use a washing machine cleaner, check out our post on how to clean a washing machine drum for the best homemade cleaning agents that are easy to combine and use.
Leave the door and detergent drawers open after every wash to prevent moisture from being retained and possibly causing the growth of mould. With these methods and tips, your Samsung washing machine will remain cleaner for longer and give your clothes the best clean possible. Get into the habit of cleaning your washing machine regularly to get the best results from it.