After cleaning your shower, you don’t want to have to still look at murky, streaky shower glass. If you read the article on how to clean shower doors, you’ll know that they should be wiped down with a squeegee after every shower. Glass shower doors come in different types and are becoming more common than shower curtains. With that, shower glass must be cleaned regularly along with your shower. If you need some guidelines for cleaning your shower, check out our article for the best tips and methods. Keep on reading here to find out how best to clean shower glass.
You Will Need
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Commercial bathroom cleaner
- A sponge
- Spray bottle
Clean your shower glass in 5 simple steps:
- Start by mixing a natural cleaning solution. Add 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water, and pour into an empty spray bottle.
- Take your cleaning mixture and spray it evenly over your shower glass or screen. Leave the cleaning solution to sit for 10 minutes. If the glass has bad limescale build-up, let the mixture sit on the glass for longer.
- Using warm water and a microfiber cloth, or a sponge, wipe the cleaning solution and any residue off the shower glass.
- After cleaning the white vinegar and grime from your shower glass, grab your squeegee to remove excess water. Dampen the squeegee for it to easily slide down the glass from top to bottom, making sure to wipe off the squeegee after every stroke. This is to avoid streaks on the glass.
- Lastly, wipe over the shower glass with a microfibre cloth to help prevent streaks or water spots. Double check frames and handles and make sure to clean any vinegar off them or any metallic surface.
Other Methods To Clean Shower Glass
Baking soda is the next cleaning agent you should try if vinegar doesn’t do the trick. Baking soda is a powerful natural cleaner, abrasive enough to clean grime on your shower glass, without damaging the glass.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with a little water to make a paste.
- Using a sponge, apply the paste to all the areas of the shower glass that need to be cleaned. Scrub in a circulation motion.
- Then rinse the shower screen with water, and wipe down with a squeegee.
The last method you can try before using a commercial glass cleaner is toothpaste.
Simply apply toothpaste to stained areas of the glass and leave it to sit for a few minutes. Then with a damp sponge, wipe off the toothpaste and the stains should be gone.
If none of the home remedy solutions worked, you will have to go with a commercial cleaner to get the job done. There are many to choose from that are made for cleaning glass, and are safe to use daily. Regular use will keep your shower glass clean, and eventually be clean enough to use the other methods mentioned above.
There you have it, you can use any of the techniques explained to clean your shower glass and restore it back to its spotless shine. Next time you clean your shower, you should clean the glass at the same time. Regular cleaning of your whole shower enclosure will prevent soap scum build up and leave you with a squeaky clean bathroom that you can show off to your friends and family.