White clothes are a great addition to any cupboard, but it’s almost impossible to keep stains away from them, at least for long periods of time. Figuring out how to get white clothes white again is a question that has been on many people’s lips for a long time. We know how much you want to keep shopping for all things white, and not just for themed parties. We also know that you’ve probably had your struggles watching your white clothing fade or get stained over the years.
We’re here to help with the trusted and proven methods you can use to learn how to get white clothes white again. Say goodbye to non-white, white clothes!
How To Keep White Clothes White
What’s better than cleaning your white clothing, or trying to restore its natural look? Not getting stains on them or letting them fade in the first place. Before looking at the cleaning and restoration methods, let’s take a look at the tips for preventing discoloured white clothing.
- Do not overload your washing machine – this will prevent clothes from moving around as they should, resulting in dirt not getting removed as effectively. How full is too full? It’s recommended that you don’t fill your washing machine drum with more than three-quarters of its maximum capacity.
- Separate whites from colours – although this is a basic rule that’s been passed down for decades, it should still be reiterated. Make sure to do two separate loads – one for your white clothing and one for your colours.
- Wash extremely dirty clothing separately – If you have any items of clothing that are more dirty than usual, rather wash them separately. Do this to avoid the risk of the dirt spreading to your other clothes. Sometimes a good old hand wash does the trick best.
- Follow dosage instructions – they’re there for a reason and should be followed carefully to achieve the best results.
- Follow laundry symbols instructions – learn the best tips on how to read laundry symbols to also achieve the best results for keeping your white clothes white.
How To Get White Clothes White Again
Now that we’ve looked at the methods on how to keep your whites, white, let’s take a look at the 3 different ways you can restore their original look. Use these 3 soaking methods and learn how to clean your whites the professional way.
1. Using Baking Soda
Dissolve one cup of baking soda in four litres of warm water. Then, place your white clothes in the solution and let them soak for 8 hours before washing them as you normally would. You’ll find that baking soda is not only good at restoring whites, but also works well as a deodoriser.
2. Using Laundry Detergent
Dissolve a quarter cup of laundry detergent in warm water and let your white clothes soak in the solution for 2 hours. Remove and wash as per usual.
3. Using Lemon Juice
Cut two lemons up into multiple slices and boil them in enough water for soaking. Soak your clothes in the solution for 1 hour after removing the water from the heat. Then, wash your clothes as you usually would.
How To Remove Stains From White Clothing
If you’re looking for a great tool to remove stains from your white clothes, vinegar is your go-to. Use these 3 simple steps to remove stains from your clothes using white vinegar:
- Place a half cup of distilled white vinegar in your washing machine’s fabric softener compartment.
- Add your regular laundry detergent to the machine.
- Do a load of whites and enjoy the results!
With the stain removal and colour restoration tips and methods above, you’re now an expert on how to keep your white clothes white, and how to get them white again. If you don’t have time to get to your laundry, you can trust SweepSouth. Our expert cleaning services and gardening services will restore your whole house to its best condition.