Lunch boxes and homemade lunches are something we usually associate with kids, but forget about as adults. However, there’s a lot that a packed lunch filled with healthy and delicious ingredients can do to make your day that much better. You could be missing out on vital nutrients that are making you feel sluggish as the afternoon reaches its end.
Instead of pulling out your wallet and going for the first thing that catches your eye at the nearest restaurant, try using these lunch box ideas as the fuel you need every day. If you have children, then you could make lunch for yourself while making theirs. Take your pick from the ideas below and enjoy the feeling of pulling out a nutritious lunch at school or work.
Lunch Box Ideas For Adults
As adults, it can be tempting to skip making our own lunches due to time constraints, which usually results in getting the quickest or cheapest unhealthy option. Try setting some time aside on a Sunday to put together the following lunch box ideas for adults. They won’t take much time and will agree more with your stomach:
- Vegan Lunchbox:
- A vegan salad with the following ingredients: cucumber, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, brown rice, parsley, green and black olives, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- An avocado, a lemon wedge to squeeze over, celery and carrot sticks, and hummus for dipping the celery and carrot.
- Protein Lunchbox:
- Hard-boiled eggs, avocado slices or hummus, and whole wheat bread.
- Or hard-boiled eggs chopped into a green salad.
- Leftovers: Use your leftovers from the night before and whip up something easy, like a wrap or sandwich.
- Quinoa: This works well as a base for any vegetables or meats to be added to it. Make a whole batch at the end of the week and add new ingredients to it every day for a nutritious lunch.
- Dips: Tzatziki, hummus, or guacamole are usually great options here. All that’s left to do is use your favourite foods to dip into these delicious foods, and you’re good to go.
- Chicken Wraps: Prepare enough chicken to last a suitable amount of days so that it won’t go off, and add it to a wrap every day with a crunchy base and tasty sauce.
- Mediterranean Salad: This is an easy way to pack your body with tons of nutrients to help you have a good day, and will usually only take 15 minutes to make.
School Lunch Box Ideas For Kids
Your child’s lunch plays a big part in their day by giving them the energy and sustenance they need to enjoy an abundance of activities. Help them enjoy their time away from home by giving them the nutrients needed to maintain long-lasting energy, while still being able to enjoy a variety of delicious options. Here are some school lunch box ideas for you and them to choose from:
- Chicken salad + oranges + trail mix
- Sausage and mushroom pasta + baby carrots with sweet chilli sauce + muffins
- Burgers + fruit salad + rice cakes with nut butter
- Veggie and chickpea stir fry with quinoa or couscous + strawberries + dried fruit
- Vegetable and hummus wrap + apples + yoghurt
- Egg or tuna salad + grapes + crackers with hummus
- BLT sandwich + watermelon + pretzels
- Chicken & veggie stir fry with rice + Bananas + granola bars
Tips For Eating Healthy During Summer
The heat that is promised with summer can make it tempting to enjoy an abundance of cold treats that aren’t full of the good stuff we need. Of course, you should factor those treats into your diet, but you could do so sparingly, or opt for healthier versions of those treats. Here are some tips for eating healthy during summer you might want to take note of:
- Eat lots of fresh produce
- Stick to lean meats
- Try making your own ice lollies that are done with healthy ingredients
- Stay hydrated
- Choose healthier options when out at restaurants
You’re now ready to have a full week of lunches prepped and ready when you need them. Make each day interesting by creating a long list of lunch box ideas before you repeat the first option. While you’re taking care of the lunches and keeping your diet on track, we’ll keep your home in ship shape with our expert cleaning services. Book Today for a healthy home that encourages a nutritious diet.