You’re in for a real treat (excuse the pun) if you’re a foodie who’s never heard of Restaurant Week. This is your opportunity to let out your inner food critic and visit the top restaurants in South Africa to see what dishes they’re serving up.
Restaurant Week 2022 promises to be an unmatched dining experience that will wow your palate while not putting too much of a dent in your wallet. Join us at your reserved seat as we take a look at some of the specials you can expect from the best restaurants around the country.
How Does Restaurant Week Work?
If the term ‘Restaurant Week’ sounds like a celebration of restaurants the country over, you’re right. Except, there’s one catch – It doesn’t only last for a week, but rather an entire month! Still sounding too good to be true? Well, to add to the enormity of over 100 of South Africa’s best restaurants serving up the most delicious food you could imagine, the price tags come greatly reduced.
So, how do you get involved? Simply head to one of the top restaurant establishments that are taking part in Restaurant Week from September 30 to October 30, and enjoy the delicious food and awesome deals they have to offer.
New Restaurants To Look Out For
Look out for these new additions to the Restaurant Week roster when deciding on places to try:
- Zioux: This international-themed restaurant found on the corner of Rivonia and Maude Street in Johannesburg is serving up a delicious 3-course lunch menu for only R485.
- Brambles Restaurant: You can find this farm-to-table type restaurant at ext. 8, 1 Riviera Lane, Featherbrooke Estate in Johannesburg. They’re offering a 3-course dinner menu for only R475.
- Jéan Restaurant: This wonderful contemporary restaurant is offering a 4-course lunch degustation menu for R295. Find them at M13 Tygerberg Valley Road, Durbanville, Cape Town.
Restaurant Week Johannesburg
There are over 30 fine dining Johannesburg restaurants that are waiting to be visited by you. Here are some of our favourites:
- The Chef’s Table at 54 on Bath: What more could you ask for than a 9-course degustation menu being offered at R975? Find this fine dining establishment at 54 on Bath Hotel, 54 Bath Avenue, Rosebank.
- Basalt: The 5-course tasting menu by Chef Candice Philip, for only R695, is the perfect option for contemporary and vegetarian food lovers out there. Find Basalt at 61 North Street, Melrose.
- Believe Eatery: Head overseas and experience a taste of Paris at this wonderful French eatery. Enjoy a delicious 3-course set menu for only R385. The best part of all is, instead of booking a plane ticket to France, you can just step foot into 7 Mackay Avenue, Blairgowrie.
Restaurant Week Cape Town
If you’re lucky enough to call The Mother City your home, you can find over 40 wonderful restaurants to choose from. Here are some of our top picks:
- Sevruga Restaurant: Head to the V&A Waterfront, shop 4, quay 5, for a fusion of delectable Japanese and other Asian food. Sevruga is serving up a 3-course set menu for only R420.
- Salsify at the Roundhouse: You can dig into a delicious 5-course lunch including a glass of bubbly at this fine dining restaurant for a reasonable R575. What are you waiting for? You can find Salsify at Roundhouse, Round House Road, Camps Bay.
- Gusto Urban Italian: What is a celebration of food without the inclusion of an Italian touch? Gusto is offering the most delicious 3-course Italian menu for only R295. Find them at Bridgewater, 4 Conference Lane, Century City.
Restaurant Week Durban
Durbs is known for its serene beaches and luscious green gardens, but there are also well-established restaurants to visit. Here are those cooking the tastiest food as part of Restaurant Week:
- Livingroom at Summerhill Estate: For a fine dining and vegetarian experience like no other, head to Livingroom for a 5-course experience that will only set you back R610. Find them at 9 Belvedale Road, Cowies Hill.
- The Chef’s Table: This is another superb restaurant to visit for the best in fine dining and vegetarian food. They’re offering a 2-course lunch menu for R295 and a 3-course dinner menu for R395. Take your pick and find them at 23-24, Protea Mall, 1 Chartwell Drive.
With so many specials on offer, you have no excuse not to give yourself at least a night or two off from cooking, and rather be treated to dining experiences that will leave your taste buds wanting a whole lot more.
Don’t forget to book a cleaning service from the professionals at SweepSouth while you’re out, treating yourself to the most flavoursome food.