Are you looking to have your tiles cleaned professionally, but not sure where to start? It’s an important part of home cleaning, some would even argue the most important part. The reason being is that your tiles and floors experience tons of foot traffic from shoes that track in all kinds of debris and unwanted allergens.
Make the best choices when it comes to tile cleaning so that you can keep your floors in a state you’ll be proud of. Ask the right questions and you’ll have no problem keeping spotless tiles. What questions are those? Let’s find out below as we take you through the ins and outs of tile cleaning.
Is Professional Tile And Grout Cleaning Worth It?
Getting your tiles and grout cleaned professionally in between having them cleaned on a surface level is important for various reasons. Let’s look at the health and aesthetic reasons that support professional tile cleaning below:
- Remaining dirt that isn’t lifted and removed from daily mopping and sweeping gets removed with the right equipment.
- You can look forward to a healthier home. With so many unwanted dirt particles being tracked in from outside, professional tile cleaning helps to keep your home healthy and germ-free.
- Save money in the long run. When getting your tiles and grout cleaned professionally, you’ll prolong their lifespan and avoid having to make replacements in the future.
- Your floors will look great! The spotless look that can be obtained from professional tile cleaning is definitely worth it.
How Often Should You Get Your Tiles And Grout Cleaned Professionally?
You should get your grout and tiles cleaned by an expert in the field every 6 to 9 months for your tiles to be kept in pristine condition. SweepSouth offers more general tile cleaning services as part of our long list of professional home cleaning services. Depending on how much foot traffic your home receives, it’s a good idea to mop your bathroom tiles at least once a week, and mop the tiles in the rest of your home at least once every two weeks.
How Do Professionals Clean Tile Floors?
Professionals generally go through a four-step process when restoring your tiles and grout to its best condition. Let’s take a look at each step below:
- Vacuuming: This will remove the dry dust and dirt particles that can be lifted easily.
- Mopping: The more difficult marks and stains will then get cleaned through the mopping process. Mop water will be changed regularly, and the mop will be rinsed thoroughly to ensure no streaking occurs.
- Steam Cleaning: A high-powered steam cleaner will be used to lift any leftover dirt, especially in the grout. The temperature and pressure of the steam work wonders at removing dirt.
- Drying: Your floors must then be left to dry so that no dirt or dust makes its way onto them right after being cleaned.
How Much Does It Cost To Clean Tiles?
The cost for tile and grout cleaning will be based on the size and number of floors needing to be cleaned. If you book a home cleaning service with SweepSouth, a vetted and experienced SweepStar will give your floors a general clean while also taking care of the rest of your home. You’ll be saved from having to do any mopping or sweeping at all. Download our app or visit our online booking page today to receive an obligation-free quote.
How To Clean Tiles?
If you’ve got some time on your hands and want to clean the tiles yourself, find out how to clean porcelain tiles to keep a happy and healthy home.
With the answers to these questions in mind, you can make the best decisions possible for your tiles. Remember to maintain a regular tile cleaning schedule, both on a surface and deeper level. Enjoy the look of sparkling tiles after having them cleaned, and share these helpful tips with your friends and family so that they can experience the same elation.