When washing our clothes, there are two main ways we do it – hand washing and machine washing. Sometimes we need a combination of the two when some items cannot be washed in the machine and only done by hand. Brands like OMO have a wide range of products to choose from, regardless of whether you’re going to be hand washing clothes or doing them in the machine. In this article, we look at the benefits of both hand washing and machine washing, so that you can decide which is best for you and your family.
Hand Washing Benefits
For those people who have been relying on the old school way and hand washing clothes, these are the benefits they experience:
- Hand washing clothing items means they are less exposed to agitation, causing less damage to the fabric and its fibres.
- Hand washing is often recommended for fabrics like silk and wool which can be easily damaged and stretched out in the washing machine.
- Washing by hand means that electricity won’t affect you, so you can still wash clothes during load shedding.
- Hand washing uses less water than machine washing. Thus, it’s more environmentally friendly and sustainable to hand wash, especially if you live in an area with water shortages.
Machine Washing Benefits
The washing machine has revolutionised the way in which we wash clothes. A reliable washing machine is one of the most important household appliances you could have, here’s why:
- Washing machines save a lot of time in comparison to hand washing, all you have to do is put your clothes in, switch it on, pick the cycle, and wait for it to finish.
- You can save more time by doing full loads of laundry and separating your laundry by fabric type and colour. Remove oil and grease stains before placing clothing into the washing machine and make sure to use the correct amount of detergent for the best results. Also, don’t forget to clean inside your washing machine from time to time.
- Generally, washing machines are easy to operate, clean and repair. They are amongst the most convenient and easy-to-use household appliances.
- They come in multiple sizes and styles, so depending on your budget and the size of your home, there are plenty of washing machine brands to choose from. You’ll want to choose one that best suits your needs.
When choosing a washing machine, think about the type of model you prefer: top loader, front loader, side-by-side or stackable. Before buying, consider the capacity that’s right for you and appropriately sized for your space.
- With so many options available nowadays, you can choose a washing machine that is eco-friendly if you go for an energy-efficient appliance.
So, what is the best laundry method? The answer lies with you based on your preferences. Hand washing and machine washing are both useful ways of washing clothes. In many cases, hand washing is the most eco-friendly, but takes more time to complete. A washing machine, on the other hand, will ensure that within less than an hour, a full load of different sorts of clothes can be completely washed. If you have a washing machine, it’s important to know how to clean your washing machine so that it does its job efficiently.
Regardless of whether you prefer hand washing or machine washing, at SweepSouth, we are still committed to cleaning your home and leaving it in a spotless condition.