Don’t overlook the importance of commercial cleaning services, as they could add heaps of productivity, and even creativity to your workday. That’s right, maybe what you’ve needed to change your mindset at work is a clean office. How do you make the right choice when looking for a commercial cleaning company?
We’re going to look at the answers surrounding this question below so that you can make the right choice for you and your team at work. Let’s look at the importance of commercial cleaning in organising and cleaning as a whole, and what it entails.
What Is Commercial Cleaning?
Commercial cleaning involves the cleaning of any industrial, business, or office space. The services provided in a commercial clean are usually required to be on a larger scale than that of a residential cleaning service. This type of service is also known as office cleaning or industrial cleaning, and is often required to be performed according to certain standards for health requirements.
How does it differ from residential cleaning? The latter is provided in private homes, guest houses, and other buildings that are occupied for living instead of working purposes.
What Are The Duties Of A Commercial Cleaner?
Most of us are aware of the duties of a residential cleaner, otherwise commonly referred to as a domestic worker, but what does a commercial cleaner do? Let’s take a look at the tasks and checklist completed by companies that offer office cleaning services below:
- Vacuuming all floors, including mats and carpets.
- Dusting and wiping horizontal surfaces and furniture such as desks, chairs, tables, etc.
- Emptying and replacing dustbins.
- Cleaning doors, door handles, and light fixtures. Lots of workplaces have glass doors, and these are vital to have cleaned as they make fingerprints more evident than other doors.
- Dusting and cleaning surfaces and appliances in the kitchen area.
- Cleaning and disinfecting toilets, basins, mirrors and other surfaces in the bathrooms.
- Replacing and stocking items such as toilet paper, hand soap, and hand towels in the bathrooms.
Why Is Commercial Cleaning Important?
A successful business is made up of many different parts, one of those being a work environment that inspires productivity and gives the right impression to outsiders. Listed below are the reasons why commercial cleaning is important:
- Reduced spread of disease – Viruses are inevitable, especially now that COVID-19 is present in the world and taking on new strains. You can slow the spread of viruses and have fewer people taking sick leave by ensuring your office and workspace are kept clean.
- Increased productivity – Employees will work harder, smarter, and feel happier in general when doing so in a clean, fresh-smelling, and healthy workplace. You’ll be surprised at the difference clean air and surfaces can make to work output.
- A better appearance to visitors – When people visit your home, you always want it to be in the best condition possible so that the right impression is made. So, wouldn’t you want the same for your workplace? Whether it’s closing a deal with a long-standing client or having a new one walk into your office building, giving the right impression is important for the reputation of your business and your employees.
- Saving money in the long run – Having your furniture, appliances, and all other items that play a crucial role in the running of your workplace, cleaned regularly, will save you money down the line. How so? Dirty and worn down equipment that doesn’t get cleaned often will deteriorate quicker and need to be replaced sooner than clean items that are kept in pristine condition.
What Do Commercial Cleaning Services Cost?
The average cost of commercial cleaning is R5,25 per square metre in South Africa. However, rates will vary according to the size of an office building requiring cleaning, as well as the number of appliances/machines requiring cleaning, if any.
After answering these important questions that need to be asked about commercial cleaning, it’s easy to see why getting your office building cleaned regularly can only be beneficial to the health and productivity of the employees and visitors. Get in touch with SweepSouth today and enquire about a commercial cleaning service to see what we can do for you. Remember that we also offer a whole host of other expert cleaning services to meet your needs. Share this post using the icons below with those who are also looking to keep their workplace spotless and productive.