The 2022 Soccer World Cup is around the corner, and there’s so much to look forward to, more than you might have anticipated! If you aren’t getting ready to wave your favourite team’s flag in the air while urging the strikers to shoot, what are you waiting for? Paint your face, decorate your house with your country’s colours, and share in the spirit of the most well-known soccer tournament around the world.
There’s a lot of planning and organising that goes into a World Cup to ensure it runs smoothly, and we’re going to give you an insight into the outcomes. From the cultural elements of the mascot to the architectural splendour of the stadiums, let’s dive into some interesting facts by finding out what you should know about the 2022 Soccer World Cup.
When Is The 2022 Soccer World Cup Opening Ceremony And What Can You Expect?
Before the referee’s whistle gets blown for the first of many times, and the kick-off officially begins the long-awaited opening match, the opening ceremony must take centre stage. Watching on and experiencing the brilliance of the bright lights, creative displays, and accomplished voices raising the roof with catchy World Cup tunes makes for the most incredible memories. Find out what you can expect from the World Cup opening ceremony below:
- When is the opening ceremony? The ceremony is set to take place on Sunday, November 20. Tune in at 16:00 (SAST) for what promises to be the most enjoyable and entertaining opening to a World Cup yet.
- Where will the opening ceremony be held? The setting that will have millions of eyes from all over the world on it is Al Bayt Stadium. It is situated in Al Khor, north of the capital of Doha.
- Who will be performing at the opening ceremony? Bollywood fans will be proud to know that Nora Fatehi has been confirmed as an act for the grand event. Other artists who have been rumoured to join the star are Black Eyed Peas, BTS, J Balvin, and Shakira, who, as we all remember, set the South African stage alight during the 2010 World Cup with her unforgettable performance of her hit single Waka Waka.
Onlookers and viewers can also expect a spectacular fireworks display and an appearance from La’eeb, the official World Cup Mascot. Joyous sounds of the tournament’s official anthem, plus other songs from the soundtrack, will make their way around the stadium during the ceremony.
Who Is The 2022 World Cup Mascot?
‘La’eeb’ was the name given to the official 2022 World Cup mascot. What does the name mean? The Arabic word means super-skilled player in English, which is fitting for the display that will be put on during each and every game. Here are some other facts about the latest addition to iconic World Cup mascots:
- La’eeb is a white turban that loves playing soccer and is never without a smile on its face. It is inspired by Qatari culture and customs, as is seen by the design.
- FIFA made the statement at its official launch in April 2022 that La’eeb was designed to encourage everyone to believe in themselves.
- The design was made to appeal to audiences of all ages, which is exactly what soccer does.
Which Stadiums Will Be Hosting The 2022 Soccer World Cup Games?
There are eight Soccer World Cup 2022 stadiums that will host the eagerly anticipated games we all look forward to watching. Below is a list of the grand arenas that have been constructed since November 2015 to host the world’s biggest soccer tournament:
- Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium – Capacity = 40,000
- Al Bayt Stadium – Capacity = 60,000
- Al Janoub Stadium – Capacity = 40,000
- Al Thumama Stadium – Capacity = 40,000
- Education City Stadium – Capacity = 40,000
- Khalifa International Stadium – Capacity = 40,000
- Lusail Iconic Stadium – Capacity = 80,000
- Stadium 974 – Capacity = 40,000
Where will the final game of the 2022 World Cup be held? The stadium for the final game is always remembered for many years to come, as are the ones hosting the semi-finals and third place play-off match. The semi-finals will be hosted at Lusail Iconic Stadium and Al Bayt Stadium, with the third-place play-off happening at Khalifa International Stadium. Other than the first semi-final, Lusail Iconic Stadium will also play host to the final game of the 2022 Soccer World Cup.
With so much to look forward to, history is sure to be made in so many ways with the upcoming World Cup. To get you even more excited, check out our post on the fixture dates to highlight and teams to keep an eye on at the 2022 Soccer World Cup. Keep your soccer-fanatic friends updated by sharing this post with them using the icons below. And remember, our highly-professional team at SweepSouth offers the best in cleaning services and gardening services to get your home ready for game day.