When heading back to school for the final few months of the year, there’s a special celebratory day that all students should mark in their diaries – World Teachers’ Day. This annual celebration is the perfect opportunity to express your gratitude and appreciation for the educators who have played a vital role in shaping your knowledge and character.
We at SweepSouth appreciate and value the work that teachers do, so we want to help you thank yours in the best way possible. In this blog post, we’ll first dive into some information about World Teachers’ Day, and then share our gift ideas for you to show your appreciation with. Let’s explore the significance of this day and discover some thoughtful gift ideas your teachers will cherish.
All About World Teachers’ Day
World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers’ Day, is celebrated annually on October 5th. It was established by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) in 1994 to commemorate the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers. This recommendation sets out the rights and responsibilities of teachers worldwide and recognises their vital role in providing quality education.
On this day, we honour teachers and acknowledge their contributions to society. It’s a day to reflect on the importance of educators in shaping the future and providing guidance to learners of all ages. It’s also an opportunity for students and parents to express their appreciation for the hard work and dedication of teachers.
Gifts to Give Your Teacher on World Teachers’ Day
- Personalised Gifts: Show your teacher that you value their individuality with a personalised gift. Consider customised stationery, a monogrammed tote bag, or a personalised mug with a heartfelt message.
- Handwritten Letters: A heartfelt letter expressing your gratitude and recounting how your teacher has made a positive impact on your life can be one of the most meaningful gifts.
- Books: If your teacher loves to read, consider gifting them a book from a genre they enjoy or a bestseller they’ve been wanting to read.
- Indoor Plants: A potted plant can brighten up a teacher’s workspace and serve as a daily reminder of your appreciation. Head to our post on springtime indoor plants and find one your teacher will love.
- Classroom Supplies: Teachers often spend their own money on classroom supplies. Consider practical gifts like markers, sticky notes, or a gift card to an office supply store.
- Gift Cards: A gift card to a favourite coffee shop, bookstore, or restaurant can provide your teacher with a well-deserved treat.
- Online Courses: Many teachers enjoy expanding their knowledge. Gift them an online course or subscription to a platform that aligns with their interests.
- SweepSouth Cleaning Service: Help your teacher enjoy a clean and tidy home by gifting them a SweepSouth cleaning service. As SA’s #1 home services platform, SweepSouth offers professional cleaning services that can make home cleaning a breeze. Your teacher will appreciate the convenience and the chance to relax in a clean environment.
World Teachers’ Day is a wonderful occasion to celebrate and honour the educators who have shaped our lives. Whether you choose a personalised gift, a heartfelt letter, or the convenience of a SweepSouth cleaning service, your gesture of appreciation will make your teacher’s day memorable. Remember, teachers inspire, guide, and empower us to reach our full potential. Happy World Teachers’ Day!